Not just another weekend…

Well, it was suppose to be just like any other weekend, garage saling, breakfast, then home to do stuff around the house. Sunday, Lunch at Mom’s and wash clothes. But it didn’t turn out that way.

Friday, after work, I didn’t really feel that good. I didn’t feel bad, just not good. And I was using my inhaler far too much. Then Saturday, after a night that wasn’t the best I’ve ever had, we went garage saling and breakfast, but breakfast was from McDonalds. (Don’t misunderstand, I usually love McDonald’s, but not Saturday.) After about an hour of garage sales, I was done. I did get a few really neat pieces; 2 of the newer Fietsa pieces, in cobalt blue, and a Colorado Brown Medium Pitcher from MarCrest (they were made in the 50’s and early 60’s and were usually “Special gifts” at various grocery stores with certain other purchases.)  I love the Colorado Brown Dot and Daisy stoneware. Always have. Any way, when I got home, I realized that I was having a lot of trouble breathing and my inhalant wasn’t doing me any good. I also couldn’t sleep very well. Every time I laid down, I felt like I was choking. Try sleeping sitting up. It ain’t easy. I called Mom Sunday and said I wasn’t going over. I was completely out of inhalant and breathing was getting very difficult. After another night of little to no sleep, I went to the walk -in Clinic at 8 this morning. Found out I have fluid on/in my lungs.

Once I know what the problem is, I can usually deal with it, but this one is difficult. The fluid could have come from my swamp cooler. Not from mold or mildew, but from a bacteria. I’m also very sensitive to heat, and it’s been very hot here, and that’s a possibility. So are the dust storms we have and the rapid and continuous shifting of the barometer… My Doctor wasn’t real sure, but I go back on Wednesday and see how I’m doing. What happens at the Doctor’s office decides what we do next. If the diuretic is working, then I will continue with that. If not… I don’t know. The dreaded Legionnaire’s Disease was thrown out as a possibility. Not something I want to think about at all. But it’s hard not to. Oh well…

I’ve been running to the bathroom every 2 hours or so since I took my first pill. It’s going to be a long night…


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s